Back in Action: Mayweather Ignores Pacquiao’s Deadline

by Rick Brown

Hello Sports Fans! I know I’ve been out of pocket for the last four weeks but I got to enjoy a little R&R (partly because the Mrs. hid my laptop and only gave me my Blackberry to use the phone).

So, what’s been going on in the boxing and MMA worlds? What I miss?

Well, I know Floyd Mayweather ignored a deadline to make a deal with Manny Pacquiao.

I have to give Bob Arum (Pacquiao’s promoter) credit. Instead of calling out Mayweather, he just moved on. Pacquiao will now fight Antonio Margarito in November.

Although people are disappointed, we must remember this: Mayweather never said he would fight again this year after defeating Shane Mosley in May. In fact, all he said was he was going to take a long vacation. This deadline was all Pacquiao’s. He’s the one who wanted to fight again this year after defeating Joshua Clottey in March.

The two will likely fight in 2011. I’m predicting in May. The money is too great to ignore

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...